Monday, January 3, 2011

Starting the slow carb diet

I wanted to create this blog to share our (my wife and myself) experience with the slow carb diet, as explained in Timothy Ferris' book the 4-hour body. I read about it in Wired, and was very intrigued. My wife bought me the book shortly after, and I tornadoed through it. Needless to say, I am very excited about this diet as I have more than a few pounds that need immediate shedding, Canadian winter notwithstanding.

I got a group together, and we started the diet today, January 3rd 2010.

Day 1:

Here are the meals we had today:


Breakfast was a delicious affair, one whole egg with 1/3 of container of eggwhites omelette with spinach and mushrooms with a side of black beans and tomatoes. Substituted the usual morning coffee with an unsweetened jasmine tea.


Lunch was a big salad with black beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and chunks of cooked turkey. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar vinaigrette. Very tasty, but not very filling as I was starting to get hungry by 5 pm.


Dinner was a chili made with ground lean turkey meat, kidney beans, veggies and tomato sauce. I had two bowls!



A glass of wine after the meal... gotta love this diet! Notice my home-made T-handle in the background...

Will do the required exercises tonight, wednesday and friday, as well as apply an icepack for 30 mins every night on my upper back.

I am planning a masterful binge this Saturday :)

1 comment: